Friday, March 28, 2014

Once Upon A Time VIII

It is time once again for Carl's Once Upon A Time VIII!  For information on the event go here, and for the review site go here.  Having looked at my prior OUAT lists I note that there are books, like Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke which are in my list every year and I still haven't read.  So this year I am going for a fresh perspective and consider more books that have not been on my list in prior years.  I also stuck in a couple of re-reads because, at the moment Weaveworld and the Talisman are what I am in the mood for and I couldn't come up with anything else similar and I haven't read them in decades. 

So I am signing up for the Journey, because I like the flexibility and will also be sticking in some short stories. And I will actually be watching A Midsummer Night’s Dream.  Although I say that every year, I couldn't find my dvd last year but I am ready this year as it is recorded on my dvr now.  So I guess technically I am signing up for Quest the Third and Short Story Quest.  
         
Enchanted Night-Steven Millhauser
Johannes Cabal: The Fear Institute - Jonathan L. Howard
Hang Wire - Adam Christopher
Life After Life - Kate Atkinson
Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen 
Of Blood and Honey - Stina Leicht
The Scar -China Miéville
Sensation - Nick Mamatas
Palimpsest - Catherynne M. Valente
The Golden Age - Michal Ajvaz
The Baron in the Trees - Italo Calvino
Jagannath - Karin Tidbeck
The Weird - The VanderMeers
Jorge Borges short stories

Re-reads
Weaveworld - Clive Barker
The Talisman - Stephen King 

No comments: