Friday, March 01, 2013

Sci-Fi Experience 2013

I cannot believe that the Sci-Fi Experience is finished already!  I read the following: Woken Furies by Richard K. Morgan,  Cat's Cradle  by Kurt Vonnegut, Third Shift by Hugh Howey, Endymion  by Dan Simmons and am still finishing up The Drowned World by J.G. Ballard.

I must say that I have enjoyed them all.  Woken Furies was the third in the Takeshi Kovacs stories, which I really enjoyed.  Cat's Cradle and The Drowned World were both classics from the 60s.  Third Shift is the brand new one in the Wool series, which was of course fabulous.  I cannot believe there is supposedly only one more left and then Wool will be concluded.  

And I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed Endymion so much.  I had read and absolutely loved Hyperion but then hated the sequel Fall of Hyperion so had not intended to keep reading that story line.  But it was on my ipod and I had heard it was much better than the prior one, so thought I would give it a shot and  I was really pleasantly surprised.  I will definitely complete the cycle by reading Rise of Endymion some time in the future.

Although I haven't been good at posting, especially reviews, at least I have been reading!  Thanks Carl for another fun Sci-Fi Experience.      

No comments: