Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bookmarks Magazine Jan/Feb 2010

Here is what looked interesting in Bookmarks Magazine, as well as several that I was reminded that I had been meaning to read.

God Father of Kathmandu, John Burdett - S
Last Night in Twisted River, John Irving - S

Freedom, Daniel Suarez - SF
**read Daemon first
Blackout, Connie Willis - SF
Far North, Marcel Theroux - SF
Inverted World, Christopher Priest - SF
Motherless Brooklyn, Jonathan Lethem
The Lacuna, Barbara Kingsolver
The Museum of Innocence, Orhan Pamuk
**read My Name is Red and Snow first
Casebook of Victor Frankenstein, Peter Ackroyd
Invisible, Paul Auster
**read the New York Trilogy first
The Children's Book, A.S. Byatt
Generosity, Richard Powers
**read Gold Bug Variations first
The Man Who Loved Books Too Much, Allison Bartlett - NF
Lit, Mary Karr - Memoir
**read The Liar's Club first
Ayn Rand and the World She Made, Anne Heller

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bookmarks magazine just instills lust in me. I read Sept./Oct this weekend and found a new Orhan Pamuk I want to read. Your list is even longer than mine! ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Moo said...

I know exactly what you mean! Some issues I have a long list and some I don't. Plus I list ones my husband is interested in too. Not that I really need yet another source of info to add to my wish list but it is nice to know what books the professional critics are talking about.