Friday, October 31, 2008

RIP III Wrap Up

I signed up to do Peril the Third which was only one book. I in fact read four - Out, Tales of Moonlight and Rain, Heart Shaped Box and Haunting of Hill House and enjoyed them all. Only one of them was in my original book pool - Tales of Moonlight and Rain. I still want to read all of the ones in my pool but I was especially disappointed that I didn't get to reread House of Leaves, especially since of the 473 RIP III reviews to date, not a single one was for that book.

Here are some of the books that I discovered from other RIP participants that I would like to read:

The Book of Lost Things-
We Have Always Lived in the Castle - Shirley Jackson
The Thirteenth Tale -

I haven't managed to read all of the reviews yet, no power for two weeks with Hurricane Omar visiting put a crimp in that, but I will eventually work my way through and keep adding to this list.

I thoroughly enjoyed RIP III and especially liked the challenge being pressure free. Thanks Carl for hosting a great challenge!

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Thank you so much for participating. I'm glad that you had a good time and I hope you join in on future challenges.